Data Analyst Apprenticeship Level 4
Share this article
Location: Bedford, Birmingham, Bristol, Darlington, Wakefield
Closes on: 4 March 2024 at 12:00pm
Programme start date: September 2024
Explore how we gather, study and present data to help inform key business decisions and projects at National Highways.
What you'll be doing
If you’ve got a passion for collecting, organising and studying data, our 2-year apprenticeship is a great opportunity to learn how data provides business insight to a large organisation.
As an apprentice Data Analyst, you’ll join an area of the business and work closely with stakeholders across National Highways to identify their data needs, extract the relevant information and present clear, meaningful data findings to a variety of audiences.
Through real-world experience and your learning programme, you’ll develop your skills and knowledge in:
- Data gathering from different sources
- Data analysis tools and methods
- Data visualisation techniques
- Communicating data and findings through technical notes, reports and presentations
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships
You’ll study towards a Level 4 qualification, which will open the door to a variety of career possibilities in data analytics, data science and related digital and technology fields.
We have vacancies across different divisions of National Highways, such as Digital Services and Operations. Where you are placed will depend on your preferred location. Please let us know your preferred location at application and we’ll try to match your preference. However, we can’t guarantee this. Wherever you’re based, you’ll need to be willing to travel to other locations when needed.
Find out more about the skills and knowledge criteria you’ll work towards on this apprenticeship.
What you'll get in return
By combining working and learning, you’ll gain valuable hands-on experience and pave the way for a bright future with us. We’ll support your development every step of the way and you’ll enjoy the chance to shape your future with personalised development plans and career guidance.
- A dedicated line manager, job mentors and a skills coach to provide encouragement, direction and career planning support
- Flexible working arrangements and time away from your role for your studies
- Opportunities to connect and network with other apprentices as part of our Early Talent community
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll also have access to a fantastic employee benefits package. Find out more about the benefits we offer at National Highways.
What you’ll need to succeed
It takes all kinds of people to keep our organisation (and roads) moving. Whatever your age, whatever your background, an apprenticeship is just the start of a long, fulfilling career with us.
If you can show that you’ve got what we see in our apprentices every day, you’ll be a great match. You’ll have:
- The ability to work effectively with others in a team
- The ability to work to timescales, understanding when and how to prioritise
- The ability to give and receive information effectively
- The ability to write clearly and concisely
- A desire and passion to grow your career at National Highways
You’ll also need to have these essential qualifications:
- Minimum of five GCSEs (including English and maths, at grade C/grade 4 or above)
- 2 A Levels OR equivalent Level 3 qualifications (e.g. BTEC, T Level) in a relevant subject
It is key to know all offers to onto our apprenticeships are subject to satisfactory completion of our pre-employment checks. This includes a Right to Work check, reference check and a DBS criminal record check.
Our strategic road network carries a third of all traffic and two thirds of all our country's freight. By investing in the right projects (and in the brightest talent), we’re building a network that makes everyone better off.
Every single day, we get millions of people to where they need to be as efficiently and safely as possible. Our routes bring people together, keep businesses moving and enable communities to stay connected. This is your opportunity to help plan, design, build, operate and maintain England’s strategic road network – and empower our journey towards a digital and net zero future.
Why you should join us
At National Highways we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers. So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion in what you do, work effectively in a team and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation.
Please complete your application as soon as possible, as we may close to new applications earlier than the current closing date.