Business Administration Apprenticeship Level 3
Share this article
Location: Birmingham, Nottinghamshire, Wakefield, Warrington
Closes on: 4 March 2024 at 12:00pm
Programme start date: September 2024
Discover the key business services, processes and functions that help make a real difference at National Highways.
What you'll be doing
As a Business Administration apprentice, you’ll connect with different parts of the organisation as a first point of contact and build effective relationships with our internal and external customers.
Working closely with experienced business services teams, you’ll take on a variety of tasks that are critical to keeping our business running smoothly, such as:
- Handling emails and calls
- Managing information, documents and records
- Supporting and organising events
- Preparing business documents, reports and presentations
- Financial activities such as payments processing
As well as gaining valuable real-world business experience in a challenging and rewarding role, you’ll discover how we manage:
- Service delivery, quality and business performance
- Key projects and programmes
- Relationships with our external suppliers
You’ll also complete a Level 3 qualification in Business Administration, which will open up lots of different career paths and opportunities for progression at National Highways.
Find out more about the skills and knowledge criteria you’ll work towards on this apprenticeship.
What you'll get in return
By combining working and learning, you’ll gain valuable hands-on experience and pave the way for a bright future with us. We’ll support your development every step of the way and you’ll enjoy the chance to shape your future with personalised development plans and career guidance.
- A dedicated line manager, job mentors and a skills coach to provide encouragement, direction and career planning support
- Flexible working arrangements and time away from your role for your studies
- Opportunities to connect and network with other apprentices as part of our Early Talent community
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll also have access to a fantastic employee benefits package. Find out more about the benefits we offer at National Highways.
What you’ll need to succeed
It takes all kinds of people to keep our organisation (and roads) moving. Whatever your age, whatever your background, an apprenticeship is just the start of a long, fulfilling career with us.
If you can show that you’ve got what we see in our apprentices every day, you’ll be a great match. You’ll have:
- The ability to work effectively with others in a team
- The ability to work to timescales, understanding when and how to prioritise
- The ability to give and receive information effectively
- The ability to write clearly and concisely
- A desire and passion to grow your career at National Highways
You’ll also need to have these essential qualifications:
- Minimum of five GCSEs (including English and maths, at grade C/grade 4 or above)
It is key to know all offers to onto our apprenticeships are subject to satisfactory completion of our pre-employment checks. This includes a Right to Work check, reference check and a DBS criminal record check.
Our strategic road network carries a third of all traffic and two thirds of all our country's freight. By investing in the right projects (and in the brightest talent), we’re building a network that makes everyone better off.
Making sure our customers have safe and reliable journeys is at the heart of everything we do in Operations. We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future.
Why you should join us
At National Highways we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers. So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion in what you do, work effectively in a team and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation.
Please complete your application as soon as possible, as we may close to new applications earlier than the current closing date.