Armed Forces programme
You’ve protected our country, now help us to keep it connected. Start your civilian career with confidence.
Our Armed Forces programme provides a supportive route into your civilian career. We appreciate the unique set of skills and expertise you can bring to our work, and we’ll work with you to make sure you can make an immediate contribution.
Proud to re-sign the Armed Forces Covenant
We’re proud to have signed and now re-signed the Armed Forces Covenant, meaning that we’ve made a commitment to support you and your family and to treat you fairly.
We also support people who are part of reserve forces and cadet adult volunteers with paid time off for training, for example.
By joining our Armed Forces programme you will get:
- Support from a buddy who has also been in the Armed Forces
- A supportive manager who will help you adjust to civilian work
- The opportunity to join our established and active Armed Forces network
Our application process is simple:
- Set up an account on our recruitment website, making sure you tick the ‘Armed Forces’ box
- Fill in your application online
- Upload your CV
- Submit your application before the deadline
- If your application is successful, we’ll invite you to an interview
joined us through the Armed Forces programme in 2019-20 to work across a variety of roles.
"National Highways has been a well-kept secret from the thousands of servicemen and women who transition from the armed forces each year. Many already have the passion, knowledge, skills and transferable experience that we need as a business. They use our roads and should be part of our journey, both now and in the future."John – Projects director